Role & Title
Associate/Senior Associate (depending on experience level)
LightBay Capital is a Los Angeles-based private equity firm founded on the principles of collaboration, empowerment, community, and an entrepreneurial mindset. Primarily focused on investments in the healthcare, consumer, and business services industries, LightBay invests across the capital structure and in all market environments to help accelerate the growth of high-growth and high-quality companies. For more information, please visit www.lightbay.com.
Based in Los Angeles, the Investment Research Associate will play an integral role in LightBay’s thesis-based investment research efforts. The Associate will work closely with the entire team and across all LightBay industry verticals, while reporting directly to the Partner overseeing Business Development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Thematic Industry Research: LightBay invests around specific themes within each of our industry verticals, aligned with our deep domain expertise and supported by research. The Associate will work with the investment team in a research capacity to develop potential themes, support or refute those themes with research and data, and regularly present and discuss their findings with the investment team. The Associate will also assist in identifying potential investment opportunities resulting from this thematic research (either internally or in concert with third-party resources) and assist with the Firm’s outreach and relationship management with the management teams and owners of those businesses.
- CRM Management: LightBay’s firmwide research efforts are supported by our CRM. The Associate will track the Firm’s thematic research findings and targeting within the CRM and assist with tracking firmwide activity around thematic investing. In addition, the Associate will also focus on report building, analytics, and dashboard development.
- Sourcing Support: The Associate will work closely with the Head of Business Development in advancing the Firm’s dialogue with theme-relevant investment opportunities, for both new platform investments and add-ons for existing investments. This will include attending meetings with management teams and investment bankers, coordinating with third-party deal sourcing resources, assisting the Partners in their external efforts around researched investment themes, and being an exemplary representative of LightBay’s culture.
- Strong work ethic and a keen interest in continually learning more about private equity and LightBay’s industries of focus.
- A shared belief in our culture of collaboration, empowerment, and community, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset that makes time for having fun.
- Organizational discipline and time management; a self-starter who can maintain attention to detail while managing multiple workstreams.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, able to effectively collaborate with others.
- 2-4 years’ of work experience, ideally in research, consulting, investment banking, or private equity.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, finance, accounting, or economics.
- Ability to summarize findings concisely in both verbal and written communications, high degree of comfort presenting research findings to firmwide and Partner-level audiences.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, and experience with Capital IQ, Pitchbook, MergerMarket, SourceScrub, Privco, or similar.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- CRM management experience with Salesforce, DealCloud, or similar.
LightBay offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to BuildMyCareer@LightBay.com.